Pupils are eligible for free school meals if their parents or carers receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC), with an income under £16105 with effect from 6 April 2015.
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your annual income is under £6,900
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit and your monthly earned income is not more than £610
Pupils are eligible for free school meals in their own right if they are between 16-18 and fall into any of these categories.
During the current COVID-19 School Closures, parents/carers of P1 to P3 pupils are requested to apply for Free School Meals in order to receive meal vouchers. When schools return, all P1 to P3 pupils will resume their automatic entitlement.
Apply for free school meals
You can apply for free school meals online. You will need to provide evidence of the benefit/s that you receive.
You must provide evidence of the qualifying benefit each year in September. If you stop claiming the benefits you must notify the school. If you receive a free school meal to which you are not entitled, you may be asked to pay the money back.